Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

i have a maytag top load Centennial washer and the load sensing

Customer Question
and lock unit went bad...
i have a maytag top load Centennial washer and the load sensing and lock unit went bad so i replaced it and now the seninng light no linger blinks but the lock light is still blinking
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/5/2012
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 5 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Hello I'm Larry and will use all my training and knowledge to help you so please stay on line with me until we finish ,, thanks

may i have the model number please

the pat # XXXXX the par the i have replaced is W10238287

i do not know where the part # XXXXX XXXXX all i know is it is a maytag Centennial

the model number will be under the lid or across the top of the control panel, i will need it to get you a part number for the lid switch since it has gone out and thats why it keep blinking

it is W10251333 i have laared replaced the led lock and sensing unit

this isn't the model number ,, look on the stick on top of the control panel or under the lid ,, the lid switch you replaced isn't plugged in right and missing the plug or its bad and i want to make sure of the part number
mvwc200xwo
it is the right door lock so its as i said, the lid switch you replaced isn't plugged in right and missing the plug or its bad so if its plugged in right then take it back for another one ,, thanks

is there a way to bypas the lock

sorry but no, not on this washer, it has to be plugged into the control board and if its not then the washer will not work at all

the lock is now ticking like it is trying to engage but un able to it ticke like 3 ta for time and then stops

sorry but i have to leave for a minute, you will need to replace it, its not locking down

i have a maytag Centennial part # XXXXX and the lidlock and sensing unit have been replaced and the lid lock is still blinking and ticking like it is trying to enguage but will not

you will need to replace the new lid switch, its not locking down
Relist: Other.
i have a Centennial model #mvwc200xwo and the lid lock will not stop blinking i have replaced the lid lock and sensing unit and the sensing now workes but all the lock does is tick
why relist, we went over all this and the new lid switch is bad, replace it at no charge, i have gotten new parts a lot of times that was bad when i got them, the only other thing would be the control board but i would replace the switch before the board, the board cost about $130 and its part number W10296058 so is there anything else i can help with today
do you have any other questions before i go off line today
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
i have a maytag top load Centennial mvwc200xw0 and the lock light is blinking
without being rude why are you keep relisting this, can you not accept the truth that the new lid switch may be bad?
it is new just got it from sears to day it was shiped
do you have the old one or did you get rid of it and what was it doing before you swapped out these parts

i have the old one

befor i swaped it out both the sensing and lid lock light were blinking

both at same time? ,, put the old one back on and i bet it still does the same thing, did someone tell you to swap these?

the old one both at the same time yes

new one only lock light and thcking

not either of these needed to be replaced, the control board is and was the problem, you will have to replace it if you want the washer to work and the board cost about $130 and its part number W10296058,
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry