Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I turned the temperature down on my freezer so i could clean

Customer Question
it and now it won't...
I turned the temperature down on my freezer so i could clean it and now it won't freeze. None of the button's work and the window says OF, which I assume is OFF but I can't make it turn back on. I tried turning it off and then back on. Nothing happens. this is an upright freezer Model #253-28092801, any ideas on what wrong and how to fix it?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
4/2/2012
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

try pushing and holding down the control lock button for 5 seconds. if it doesn't come back on then you need to replace the control board. unfortunately these can fail at anytime. heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Display-Board/297366203/1864637?modelNumber=253.28092801, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
I tried what you said and the control lock light came on but it still wouldn't let me change anything else and while as soon as I took my finger off the button it went back to the previous OF ...any other suggestions?
you need to order and replace the control board I showed you above. it has failed. thats all that can be done for this. hope this info was helpful. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician