Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Sise by side refrigerator stopped making ice. Just changed

Sise by side refrigerator stopped making ice. Just changed the filter. Did i miss something
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you open the freezer and on the right side theres a red light that should be blinking is it ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it is
okay now straight across from that theres a flap with a hole in it, push the flap in but don't cover the hole and tell me what the red light does then.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the light stays on Could I have installed the filter incorrectly. This is when the ice maker stopped.
well I just wanted to check the emitter receiver. its fine if the light stays on steady, do you get water through the door ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Water works fine
okay if the water works fine you didnt install the filter wrong, can you tell me what position the fingers in the ice maker are in ? 9 oclock 10 oclock 11,12 , 1 ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They are looking at me about 9 o'clock or ten
okay it seems the ice maker has stopped mid cycle. these should be at about 3 oclock o almost flat, is there water in the ice maker ? (put your finger down the back side and feel. )
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is water starting to freeze and it just dumped some cubes
okay so it dumped a load of cubes just now ? this means its working, you probably had some air in the lines from changing the filter. this can happen. the air has to go out before the water comes in and this starts making ice. I would let it go overnight and see how it does, it must have been cycling when you checked the fingers. i think it will be fine now. thanks Bryan