Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore electric dryer mod 110.66742501 does not start . Has

Customer Question

Kenmore electric dryer mod 110.66742501
does not start . Has power, door switch seems fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

you have a bad thermal fuse .

you can check this with a multi meter for continuity. click this blue link for a video on how to test it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/3392519/2986?modelNumber=110.66742501 , just remove the back panel and this is located on the blower assembly. part # 59 on this diagram. this will fix the issue. you can order it at the link with the video. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Bryan
I tried replacing the fuse. It didn't fix the problem.
I'm not dropping the voltage accross the fuse idon't know where an open could be.

Optional Information:
Make: kenmore
Model: 110.66742501

Already Tried:
I replaced the fuse you told me too. Dryer still inop. I'm not dropping voltage accross the fuse.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you wont get voltage across the fuse . open your door and see if the black part of the door switch is still there, you can see it in the picture,