Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Model RSD 30S: press "convection",set temp to 350 then the

Customer Question
Model RSD 30S: press...
Model RSD 30S: press "convection",set temp to 350 then the I hear a click and the panel changes to show "135 conv pre - on", the convection fan is running but there is no heat in the oven (internal burners do not come on). Prior to this problem we had completed a self clean. how can I fix this so that when I press "convection" and the desired temp the internal burners will turn on will automatically start heating up to the desired temperature?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
4/2/2012
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

most likely you tripped the high limit thermostat. this is resetable buy pushing the red button on the thermostat. this is usually located on the roof of the oven behind the control but sometimes these are on the back of the oven. reset it and you should be fine. thanks Bryan
Cannot find this thermostat button. do I need to remove the front digital control panel. There is nothing on back of the oven.
yes you need to at least open the control panel to access this. its will be on the roof of the oven behind the control.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
I've taken the front panel off and the range top off to expose the circuit boards and wiring and there is no reset button.
its not on the circuit board itself its on the roof of the oven. it may be in a ways. if its not there it has to be on the back. did you remove any panels on the back to see?
I have removed all panels - Top & Back.
what are your thoughts?
if theres no thermostat then you will need to check the door lock switches. if these do not reset when the self clean is finished then the oven wont work. you need to check continuity on the switches in both positions (open and closed)
How do I check continuity on the switches?

these are what the switches look like .

this ones for a microwave but they all test the same. heres a link to a video on how to test continuity. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Micro-Switch/3B73362F/1325771

This solution did not work.
were the switches good ? you were able to test them ?
Yes & Yes. Still does not work. Have reassembled the oven and will not be attempting any further trials at repairing will be calling in a technician.
okay, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician