Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

GE top load washer that will stop in the middle of the cycle.

GE top load washer that will stop in the middle of the cycle. They when you
try to restart it, It starts from the beginning.
What could be wrong??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Try this.

Follow the directions below to reset the spin.

Step One: Unplug the washer from the power outlet. Leave it unplugged for at least 1 minute. After you have waited a minute and plugged it back in you have 30 sec. to complete step two.

Step Two: Lift the lid to the washer 6 times. You must lift the lid 6 times in 12 sec. You only have to lift the lid 2 inches but you must close the lid completely each time.

Step Three: Place a small load of laundry into the washer. Start the load just as you always would. If the washer finishes the load with no problems you have completed the resetting process.

Please remember after "ACCEPTING" you can come back at any time for additional assistance if needed.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We have already been told to tried that and it didn't work...
What next?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
If set to the drain cycle will the machine drain?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok I'd check the lid switch with a ohm meter for operation, If the lid switch is good then the control board likely is the problem.

Click here to order the replacement part

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks