Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

need to get to the pump on a lg tromm wm2487hwm leaking water/already

Customer Question

need to get to the pump on a lg tromm wm2487hwm
leaking water/already drained/drain tube full of sediment thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

You would need to take the top panel off then take the front panel off, The easy way to get to the pump is to pull the machine out from the wall put a blanket on the floor to the side of it then carefully lay the machine on it's side, There is a hole in the bottom that will give you access to the pump.

Please remember after "ACCEPTING" you can come back at any time for additional assistance if needed.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

does the pedestal have to come off

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Yes in that case the pedestal will have to come off if you lay the machine on it's side, The other way would be to take the top off the machine by removing the 3 screws from the rear lip, take the top off then take the control panel off, Next unscrew the door gasket band from the tub, You should then be able to lift the front panel off.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

do you have to take the ring around the rubber gasket off

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
yes the one at the rear that hooks up to the tub, leave the gasket attached to the front.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your help ! This is just a one time service that I want can I just pay for this only without any

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok thanks!

Have a great weekend.