Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

ice maker in ge profile model fs123NGPA CC IS NOT MAKING ICE MACHINE

ice maker in ge profile...
ice maker in ge profile model fs123NGPA CC IS NOT MAKING ICE
MACHINE IS 8 YEARS OLD WATER IS BEING DISPENSED IN

ANY SUGGESTIONS
4/1/2012
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Could you please recheck the model number, there are some added or mixed characters in it.

Does your ice maker look like the ice maker in the picture below?

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic

MAYBE MODEL # XXXXX XXXXX CC

THE PICTURE IS MY ICEMAKER

Great thank you.

Press the ice maker switch off for more than 15 seconds.
Turn the switch on and quickly press the bottom paddle all the way in and all the way out 3 times. Wait 3 minutes and watch the ice maker. What happens? You may have to try more than once.

Did the ice maker rotate?
Did the ice maker fill with water?

Barry

PERFOREMED SUGGESTED 3 TIMES - NOTHING HAPPENS

DID NOT ROTATE AND DID NOT FILL

I understand. The ice maker is bad and GE does not provide replacement parts individually for the ice maker. It can only be purchased in whole. It should have cycled. The link for your ice maker is located HERE.

To replace the ice maker UNPLUG THE UNIT pull the ice bin out. Remove the 3 screws that hold the shelf and motor assembly for the ice bin and sit that out of your way (arrowed white).

Loosen the 2 top ice maker screws and keep your hands away from the bottom of the ice maker, it could be hot (arrowed green). Lift the ice maker off the 2 screws. Follow the wire harness from the ice maker to the back wall, there is a connector there with 2 squeeze locks on the left and right side of it. When you try to release the connector there is a lock on the left side of that connector thats a little difficult to unlock. Use a small screw driver or your fingernail to pull that lock away from the connector and pull to get the wire connector loose. Then lift the ice maker off from the screws and you will have it out.

When you install your new ice maker just reverse everything above and turn it on. There is nothing special to do. It will start when it gets cold.

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Barry G.
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician