Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

FISHER & PAYKEL DRYER MODEL DE06-US1 SERIAL FF765978A DRYER

DOES NOT GET HOT ENOUGH...
FISHER & PAYKEL DRYER MODEL DE06-US1 SERIAL FF765978A DRYER DOES NOT GET HOT ENOUGH ON * PREFERRED REGULAR SETTING ALL AUTOMATIC COTTNONS.AND ON TIMED DRYING IT IS TAKING A HALF HOUR LONGER TO DRY CLOTHES THAN IT DID BEFORE
4/1/2012
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician

Jon Grella : If you have cleaned out the venting to the outside trap of the house and are sure that there is no clogging the venting line, that usually causes this complaint, you may have a bad thermal sensor in the machine.
Jon Grella : And if this a gas dryer you may have a bad set of solenoids as well.
Jon Grella : But most likely if the machine is taking a little while longer to heat and dry the clothes then normal. You lilely have or had a clogg into venting and that caused the dryer thermostat or cycling thermostat to break.
Jon Grella : Get back to me here and I will help you though it.
Jon Grella : Please hit the smiley faces below if you feel that I have answered your question or if you feel thatI can help you more.
Jon Grella : Thanks
Customer:

THANK YOU FOR INFO .I DONT KNOW THE LOCATION OF THE THEMOSTAT.ALSO A GOOD PLACE FOR BEST PRICE AND QUALITY TO PURCHASE ONE .IF YOU CAN WALK ME THROUGH THE DIAGNOSTIC REPAIR I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
I AM READY TO DIAGNOSE OR REPAIR THE PROBLEM THANK YOU.

JERRY

Hey Jerry,

I am here. For some reason I am only getting your message now that you are ready to diagnose this machine. I will be logged into the website for the rest of the day so please get back to me here when you are ready to go over a few things.

And you can purchase parts for your machine at either of the following places. Www.repairclinic.com. Www.searspartsdirect.ocm or www.fisherpaykelparts.net

Thanks again for accepting my answer. Talk to you later.
HEY JOHN,ALL VENTING IS CLEAN, WHEN I CLEANED THE LINT OUT I REMOVED IT ALL INCLUDING THE DAMPER OUTSIDE
Ok. If the venting is not your problem then we would need to check the thermostats on the dryer.

Give me one minute to look up the diagrams and exploded view pictures of your machine so I can direct you in the easiest way to check these tstats.

Do you have a multi meter? One with a continuity check and ac voltage on it?

If not we will not be able to perform some of the checks. But will be able to do some checks.

Just get back to me here while I look up your model.

Be back in ten minutes.

Thanks
GOT THE 2 TEXT MESSAGES WHAT OTHER INFO DO U NEED
YES I HAVE A FLUKE METER

THE DRYER IS ELECTRIC,WATING TO HERE BACK FROM YOU

JOHN ARE U STILL THERE
I am sorry I am having computer issue. My server is going crazy. I am in process of fixing it now giving. I will be back on line by 8
Ok i am back.

Sorry about that. My computer has been giving me problems all day today. Not sure if it was the rain or my server. But what ever the case may be it is working now. Thank god.

If you have a few moments we can look over a few thing on your dryer to determine the issues you are having.

Please email me back here when you are ready.
john im ready to go over the repair
Oak. On most Fisher and Paykel dryers you can access th thermostats and fuses from the back or front of the machine. So it will matter what dryer you have. Since my computers have been giving me problems all day today I can't get into the fisher and paykel site to look at the diagrams of our machine. At least for the us models. I have access to the Australian models only. Don't know why.

Do you have the access panel in thwack of your dryer or is there a bottom access panel in the front?
in the back

john,wating for your reply

Remove the screws then th back panel to access the tstats

And let me know when you do that
john i am not working on it now i was hoping you can give me the testing info my wife is using the dryer now on the timed cycle
john are u there
Sorry I thought you were going to work on it now. I apologize.

The instructions will follow for what you need to do.

ok john thank you

It would be easier for you to remove the front panel if you have a front load dryer. With the lint filter in the door.

To remove the front panel there should be two clips in between the top and front panels. The clips are located roughly about 3 inches in from the left and right sides. Take either a small screwdriver or a putty knife and pushing clips. Then while clips are pushed in you can raise the top of the dryer. After the top of the dryer is raised you will see two screws on the inside of the front panel holding it on. Remove those screws and remove th front panel.

Be careful not to pull the front panel completely off just yet because there will be some wires connected to it. Remove the wires and then pull the panel off.
Behind tpanel you will see the blower housing and the thermostats and fuses around the blower housing and drum support. Check those fuses with continuity. The two fuses located closest to the top of the machine are the thermal fuse and cycling thermostat.

These are the most important fuses on this machine. Check those first. They will each have two wires connected to them. Remove the wires and check with continuity. If they have continuity they are good. And then check the other tstats.

What ever ones you find that don't have continuity will be the problem.

I can get you part info when you let me know which ones are bad in your machine.

So email me back when you have a minute to go over everything. Or if you need more help.
JOHN I WILL TRY TO REPAIR IT TOMARROW . WILL I BE ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH THEN?
Yes. That is fine.

You have 30 days to respond back here. You can email me back here if you have any other questions or concerns. At any time and I will get an update lettingme know that you have emailed me back here and I will respond back to you ASAP.

Thanks talk to you soon.

JOHN, I TESTED THE TWO THERMOSTASTS,LOOKING AT THEM FROM THE FRONT OF THE MACHINE THE ONE TO THE LEFT HAS CONTINUITY , I CANT REACH THE MIDDLE AND THE ONE TO THE RIGHTHAS CONTINUITY. THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE HAS 4 WIRES AND THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY TO GET TO IT WITHOUT REMOVING THE REAR PANEL. LOOKS LIKE A REAL PAIN TO REMOVE THE PANEL.DOES THE WHOLE MACHINE NEED TO BE DISASSEMBLED?

THE MACHINE IS A FRONT LOADER
Ok. If both thermostats had continuity they are good ad will not need to be changed.

If this is a front load dryer I would check the thermistor. It is located either on the front of the drum or on the bottom of it.

This will regulate the temps in side the drum.

Run the dryer with out the vent attached to the back of the machine with the full load of wet clothes. Put it in a timed dry cycle on high heat. It should heat the clothes in about an hour.

Let it run for that period of time. If the clothes are not dry in the hour and the vent was off the machine change the thermistor. It is common part to be replaced on this model machine. And all front loaders in general.

Get back to me here after the cycle has ended.

Thanks
JOHN WHAT WAS THE COMPONENT IN THE MIDDLE WITH THE 4 WIRES GOING TO IT. IS THAT THE THERMISTER AND HOW DO I GET TO IT TO REPLACE IT
The four wired thermostat is just an operating thermostat.

You can check it if you like but it almost never fails.

The most likely scenario is the Thermistor. It is housed on the front of the blower housing or tub depending on the model. And again, I apologize because for some reason I still can't look up your model. But if this is a front loader it should be a tear shaped Thermistor that only has two wires running to it just like the fuses and thermostats.

But first run the check cycle in normal timed dry cycle with wet clothes and venting disconnected and tell me if the clothes dry in an hour.
WHEN YOU SAY IT IS ON THE FRONT OF THE BLOWER HOUSING ,IS IT THE TOP OR BOTTOM HOW DO I GET TO IT? DO I HAVE TO REMOVE THE REAR PANEL?
It should be the fuse right next to the thermal fuse that you have already checked.

But youdontneed to check it right now. In fact there is no way to check it to be absolutely certain. Accept to run the machine with clothes in it on timed cycle with heat with venting off for an hour.

So run the test cycle and get back to me and let me know if the clothes dry.

Again, I can't stress the importance of removing the venting from to back of the machine. The Thermistor needs to run this way for me to tell if it is ok or not.
I STILL DONT KNOW WHICH COMPONENT IS THE THERMISTER.IS THE FUSE THE SAME THING AS THE THERMISTER ? IWILL PUT WET CLOTHES IN DRYER AND REMOVE THE VENTING FROM THE BACK OF DRYER BUT I DONT WANT TO REMOVE THE WRONG PART. THE TWO COMPONENTS THAT I CHECKED ONE ON THE LEFT AND ONE ON THE RIGHT WHAT ARE THESE COMPONENTS
The one on the left is the fuse and the one on the right is the fuse. Usually. But since I can't see your model and diagrams on lone I can't be sure with 100% certainty.

I understand that you don't want to replace the wrong part. But when you call up fisher and paykel to order the part just tell them your model number and that you need the thermistor' not the thermal fuse, and they will send you the right one. And when you get it you will clearly see which one you have to change.
JOHN, I WILL TRY IT TOMARROW THANKS I WILL RUN THE DRYER WITH OUT THE VENT AND LET YOU KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT.
Ok. Thanks I will be here

Talk to you tomorrow

JOHN, I DISCONNECTED THE VENTING SYSTEM AND THE CLOTHES WERE STILL WET. ALSO THE AIR COMING OUT OF THE DRYER WAS COLD. THIS IS HAPPENING ON THE ALL AUTOMATIC COTTONS SETTING PREFERRED SETTING.ANY OTHER SUGGETIONS?

You need to check the fuses and thermostats again especially the heater

Make sure that you are checking the parts correctly with your meter.

I would first start with the thermal fuse and heater since you have no heat at all.

Remember to turn the power off before checking the parts. Then be sure that you completely disconnect the wires to the parts and check the parts when checking continuity and not the wires.

Check the parts and then get back to me
Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician