Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

KitchenAid Superba Whisper Quiet dishwasher KUDS230B0 is stuck

KitchenAid Superba Whisper Quiet dishwasher KUDS230B0 is stuck on Cycle Complete. I have tried canceling every option and disconnected power, but it doesn't reset. The controller is a mechanical button version, not electronic. Is there a method for resetting the controller, such that I can start a new cycle?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Ok you need to try and reset the control board.  Press "high temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash"

All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead.

If the control board doesn't reset, then it will just need to be ordered and replaced because it's just shorted for one reason or another.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have three cycle choices: Soak/Scrub, Normal and Light. There are three options: rinse/hold, SaniRinse and Energy Saver. I am unsure how to interpret your suggestion, because after pushing Energy Saver, I have to press the Reset Options button to get it to release, the same goes for the other options. I presumed that SaniRinse would be my equivalent of high temp wash, but I pressed SaniRinse-Reset-Energy Saver-Reset-SaniRinse-Reset-EnergySaver-Reset-SaniRinse-Reset-Energy Saver-SaniRinse, but no change resulted. Am I out of luck?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Sani Rinse and Energy Saver are the two button you need to "dance" between.

Sani Rinse is the "high temp wash"
Energy Saver is the "heated dry"

You just need to press them back and forth (doesn't matter which one you start with) 4 times to try to reset the control board.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I understand, but the two buttons aren't exclusive. I can have them both set at the same time and I have to press the Reset Options button to deselect them. From your description it sounds as though the SaniRinse should be deselected, when I press Energy saver, but that is not the case. Are you suggesting that I press the Reset Options button in between? If so, then it isn't working.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
No I never said anything of the sort. Turn the control panel off. Then press the buttons back and forth, don't worry about what the lights are doing or what options are selected etc. Just push the buttons back and forth 4 times. If it resets the control panel then you should be OK. If not, then you need a new control board.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm confused. I can't press the buttons back and forth without pressing the Reset Options button. It seems as though you are giving me directions for a different model maybe?!?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
No I'm giving you directions for your model. And unless you physically can't press the buttons back and forth then you're wrong, you can press the buttons back and forth. I don't understand what the confusion is. All you are doing is pressing one button, then the other button. Back and forth 4 times for a total of 8 pushes. If you can push your finger 8 times then you can do this task.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
If that doesn't work, then like I said---you need a new control board.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your help. Obviously something is not right, because if I push one button then the next, then they are both depressed. I cannot press the first one again without first pressing the Reset Options button. Oh well, it was worth a try.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok, well then you'll just need to replace the control board unfortunately.