Ed Michaels
Ed Michaels, Appliance Technician
Experience:  my company installs and maintains appliances in NYC
62707781

I have a microwave model jmv9169ba. the ventilation fan will

Customer Question

I have a microwave model jmv9169ba. the ventilation fan will not stop running .There is an error E-22 on the screen.Please help.
Barry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ed Michaels replied 5 years ago.

Ed Michaels :

Hi. Are you referring to fan in hood or convection fan? Is the rest of the oven operating normally? ed

Ed Michaels :

Have you tried throwing the breaker? there has to be power if the fan is running.

Ed Michaels :

how old is machine? warrantee?

Customer :

Its the hood fan. I unpluged the micrwave and even push the curciut breker to off.

Customer :

nothing will operate. What does an error E-22 mean?

Customer :

I am going to solve this myself

Sorry, the news is not good. There is a problem with the electronic control board, the pc board that is the control center of the machine. It is not a DIY serviceable issue. Microwaves have become like TVs, cheaper to replace than to service. Much like televisions, microwaves are full of very high voltage (4000v-5000v) Also like televisions, once they're out of warrantee, parts and labor (if you can find them) would certainly approach or exceed the cost of a new machine. I suggest that you get a repair quote from Sears. Click on Repair or call 1 800 424-2047. Then decide if it's worth repairing. I hope this helps. ed