How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Danby DDW806BSL, after not being used for over a year, is

This answer was rated:

My Danby DDW806BSL, after not being used for over a year, is now not working. Water comes in however it appears that the spray arms are not spraying any water. Can youhelp me with this problem? Thank you.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you tell how much water is in the machine after it fills? in inches ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question Bryan. About an inch of water -- not enough to go up to heating element. Sandy
okay Sandy, thats the problem, your water level is to low therefore the pump doesn't have enough water to create the pressure needed to turn the spray arms. the valve is not opening all the way so enough water comes in. you need to replace the fill valve. you will need to contact Danby to order a valve however, my supply houses don't have them in stock. its a common problem. since this sat for a year its gummed up inside and not opening fully. its part # XXXXX on this diagram. hope this info helps,thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mant thanks Bryan. Where is the fill valve located? Is this something I can do myself? I will order the part for sure and want to thank you for your assistance. I will definitely pay you for your help! Sandy

the fill valve is located behind the front bottom access panel under the door. behind panel # XXXXX on this diagram . thanks and very best wishes, Bryan


P.S. make sure you shut the water off under the sink before removing valve.

Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you