Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

washing machined locked aft 04

Customer Question
The washing machine on the...
The washing machine on the rinse cyle of delicate gave a E004 and I am unable to open the door. Therefore the clothings is wet and locked up. The technician will be here only on Saturday. Any suggestions on how I may open the door and remove the clothing. Thank you
I have already tried the spin and drain cycle.  The spin starts at 009 and when it reached 0006 the error 04 came up.  The drain went from 02 to perhaps the end and then gave 04.  The door is still locked.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/25/2012
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you have the make and model # XXXXX the machine so I can assist you better ?

Yes. Boshch Nexxt Washer model no WFMC 3200UC
okay great. there is an emergency lock release on the latch assembly. it is the neon cable you see in the picture. you need to remove the top to get to the release , there are screws along the top back to remove and slide thye top panel back and off. pull the release to open the door.
the inside of the washer is totally different from this

you are looking at it from the inside it may look different. is there a ring to pull to release the door latch ? according to your model # XXXXX is the latch assembly

Thanks Bryan. No there is no ring to pull to release the door latch. That is why I sent you the picture this morning.
I didnt recieve a picture unfortunatley, is there no latch release on the lock assembly ? mmmm thats strange. the model # XXXXX up this latch assembly, let me take another look and see if I can find yours .be back shortly.
everywhere I look it comes up the same latch assembly. heres a different view does it look like this from the inside ?
Bryan. There is nothing like that. When I removed the top of the washer as you suggested yesterday. The only thing we see is the wire picture I sent you. Nothing else is there. The wire runs from the back to the right side if we are facing the washer. The right is where all the knobs are. I have the manual here and it says Bosch Nexxt Washer Model no. WFMC 3200UC. On the machine I found a paper sticker with that model number, but also 13965397 1000 RPM and 856010082663012958 in case this helps.
okay well I'm looking at the service manual, on the front of the machine there is a round access cover for the drain pump trap. open the cover and on the right side of the pump itself the cable is attached. just pull the cable to release the door,

HINT: To remove the access cover to use the door lock manual release, insert a pointed object (or tool) into the hole,push in to release the latch and rotate the cover clockwise.

HINT: Door lock manual release cable is held to the right side of the drain pump by a clip. Simply pull on the cable to release the door.

Bryan: I am not at home now. I will do it once I get back home. It will be later today. I will not opt out so that I can get back to you. I will keep you posted

okay. I believe you will find the cable where I said it is. I had to pull up many manuals to find that ! LOL alls good. just get back to me when you can, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan:

Congratulate yourself in advance as everyone else I asked including the repair person that is suppose to arrive Saturday to fix the problem had no idea how he was going to do it.

I will post as soon as I try it.
Thanks ! hope that does it. I'm standing by if you need more help.
Bryan:

Sorry I am responding so tardy, but the solution you gave is not to open the door. So that you know for next time that is to remove the water. So if you turn to the left it will open and has little hose that will start leaking water until the washer has no water. So far the door is still closed. I thank you for all your help and you deserve your fee.

Thanks.
Your welcome, strange though I went through everything I could find on your machine and everything points to the cable to open the door. well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician