Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

ice maker does not work after changing water filter

3/21/2012
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Hello and thank you for using this service,

Turn the icemaker off for 30 secs and turn it back on. You probably have air in the line from changing the filter. See if it resets and starts to make ice.
no good
It just stopped right after the filter change? If so check and see if the tube to the icemaker is iced up. Let me know
stopped before filter change. ran out of ice so i changed the filter
Ok
there was no answer
Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you if still needed.
the maytag refrigator model# XXXXX stopped dispensing ice. I changed the filter and now get strong water flow with no leaks around cartridge. I still get no ice. I turned the machine off for 60 seconds then back on and waited 24 hours for a batch of ice. no Ice. When you press the lever for ice it makes a wirring sound trying to dispence ice. How do i open up the ice maker. to see if its water or circuitry.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Can you reach up and feel inside the mould where the ice is made, need to know if you feel ice or if the mould is empty?
I can only feel the rotary arm. I am able to turn this shaft cannot see or feel the ice mould. need to take off front cover to see anything
Ok if there is no ice in the mold then the problem is going to be either the waterline to the ice maker is blocked with ice or the valve is bad.

To figure out which pull the unit out from the wall and remove the lower panel in the back. Trace the line from the ice maker down the back side of the unit to the valve, Now pull the water line for the ice maker out of the valve and blow into the waterline.

If you are able to blow air into the waterline then the valve is bad and will need to be replaced.

If you cant blow air into the line then there is a ice blockage somewhere in the waterline. In this case you will need to locate the blockage and thaw the ice with a hair dryer.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.

I need to open the door on the ice maker left upper corner in the refrigator compartment There is a cover with a button on the side how is this removed.
The ice storage bin?
can you point to the part on this schematic

graphic
cover in part 20 .
There is a button at the side that releases the tray so that you can pull it out, The try will not have anything to do with the ice maker stopping. But if you need to remove the try press the button and pull indicated.

graphic
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Mike, Home Appliance Technician