Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

the soap dispenser sliding part will close but will not open

Customer Question
so the soap can't come...
the soap dispenser sliding part will close but will not open so the soap can't come out while the dishwasher is on. Is it possible to get a new soap dispenser and if so where can I get it, or who will install it. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX email:[email protected] and tel.: 604-(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2012
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you open the door and look on the side wall for the model # XXXXX the tag ? thanks Bryan

model KDC 17C

okay this is an old machine. nice one though . okay you need to replace this. Bi-Metal(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View

Detergent cup bi-metal

Manufacturer Number(NNN) NNN-NNNNthis is the actuator for the dispenser. they show one in stock at the link below,

part link you need to remove the screws around the inside of the door and lift the panel up to access this. hope this helps. thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Bryan you say the manufacturer number which is the actuator for the dispenser, they show one in stock at the link below ?WHAT IS THE LINK BELOW? Do you mean "part link you need to remove the screws...etc.? ONE IN STOCK WHERE? thanks please answer. [email protected]

okay the part number you need is 4160824, its the part that releases the soap from the dispenser, you need to open the door and remove the screws all the way around and lift up on the inner door panel to access the dispenser inside the door. as far as ordering this, the part link (blue link) takes you to repair clinic which is a parts supplier. I don't believe however they ship to Canada, sorry. what you need to do is find a parts supplier in Canada and give them this part number. 4160824. they will ship it to you.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician