Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I wish to replace a burned-out light bulb in my MAYTAG MRF2255-KEB

I wish to replace a burned-out light bulb in my MAYTAG MRF2255-KEB refrigerator. The two bulbs in the refrigerator compartment are protected by a clear plastic cover that snaps into the ceiling of the compartment. The cover had defied my many attempts to remove it, and I wish to avoid damagind the cover.

Can't find a User Manual for MAYTAG MRF2255-KEB refrigerator on internet.

Any suggestions how to remove the clear plastic light bulb compartment cover?

Many Thanks!

WGP
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

your model # XXXXX't comming up can you get the full model from the tag inside the refrigerator either on one of the side walls or the ceiling ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan: The Model is "MRF2255-KEB"
sorry I cant bring up that #. all of my databases say the # XXXXX't valid, is this an American refrigerator ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It's MBF2255-KEB

Not MRF2255-KEB. It's my astigmatism.

okay thats better,thanks.okay there are tabs holding this up in the back part you need to squeeze towards you to release them. you can see the tabs in this diagram. on each side of the center part. also make sure theres no screw in the center part (back) some have screws but there not showing one in yours.