Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Washer that keeps shutting

Customer Question
down. It will start...
I have a Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Washer that keeps shutting down. It will start out normally and then just quit, I tried it on different cycles with the same outcome. Can you tell me what the problem is?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/18/2012
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Is there water entering the machine when you start it ?
The first time it was working fine and just stopped mid cycle. I just went and tried to start it again and there is nothing, the screen just stays blank and it won't start at all.
thats not good, have you tried unpluging this for 5 minutes to reset it ?
Yes. The same thing happened yesterday. It stopped mid cycle and would not come back on. This morning we were able to start it but it stopped again mid cycle and now won't come on again. I checked online and it looks like other people have had the same problem with the 500 Series. They mentioned running some kind of Diagnostics to find out the the issue is.
okay let me see if I can find the diagnostic procedure for you , the problem is if its not comming on you cant input the commands. hang on I'll be back shortly. thanks Bryan

• To reset, rotate cycle selector knobto Offposition.To enter test program, push and hold Spin Selectionand Delay Startbuttons at the same time, then rotate cycle selector knobccwto Permanent Press Coldposition. Hold Spin Selectionand Delay Startbuttons until P:01shows in display.To select tests, push Spin Selectionbutton (to scroll through tests) until desired test shows in display (P:01 -P:17)-Start/Pauselight will flash.To start tests, push Start/Pausebutton while its light is flashing --light stays lit when test has started. To end tests, push Spin Selectionbutton.To exit test program, rotate cycle selector knobto Offposition.

see if this enters the diagnostic mode, if you cant get this into diagnostic mode then the main control board has failed, you will need to order and replace the control board.

Thanks. I guess we have to wait until the screen display comes back on to run the Diagnostics, correct? The door locked when the machine shut down, do you know how to get it unlocked or do we have to wait until we can start it again for the door to unlock?
you will have to wait until you can get the controls on.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician