Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Whirlpool Duet Washer Leaks During The Wash Cycle.

Customer Question
The Whirlpool Duet front load...

The Whirlpool Duet front load washer leaks during the wash cycle. It does not leak during the rinse cycle. The repairman said there is nothing wrong.

What should I do?

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/11/2012
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I will need the model number of your unit to look this up for you.
Please click here for help locating the model number.
Thank you.

WFW9300SW05
HLY0881385

At the bottom front of your unit is a panel that you can remove three screws and it comes off. Once the panel is off you can run a cycle and observe it to see where the leak is coming from. If the leak is coming from one of the hoses just get a hose clamp from the auto parts store and clamp it down good. If it is coming from the boot it will need to be replaced.

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.

The water leaks from the bottom of the door during the wash cycle. If you just rinse it does not leak.

Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

How high up does the water reach when it fills in the beginning of the cycle?

I just put some clothes in and can't really see how high the water level is due to the clothes. It seems like it must have something to do with the grey rubber seal inside the washer. I got the washer about three years ago but have had this problem off and on for at least a year. Lately it is all the time but, except for this load, it is not leaking yet.

Yes. The problem is with the boot seal.

You need to order and replace it. There is a link below which will take you to the part and a video on how to replace it:

boot seal

Unfortunately a lot of techs that come to your home don’t want to deal with changing the boot. You can do this yourself with help from the video.

Thanks and best wishes.

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician