Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

We purchased a stacking washer/dryer approximately 3 years

Customer Question

We purchased a stacking washer/dryer approximately 3 years ago. The Model is IFR42001, s/n CAW5006050. These appliances are used in a small residential suite and over these three years, have had minimal use and only by responsible adults (including us). for the third time, we have had to have R & C service replace the door handle on the washer door. We have notes on the units to advise of the 2 minute delay, however..... with the slightest pressure (one finger), the handle has broken off. We have spent $175. for two of the services and are awaiting yet another handle (since December?) which apparently is backordered to April sometime. I find this completely ridiculous and I would ask for contact information for Inglis. We would ask that Inglis replace the door with one with a handle that will not break with such ease!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

Inglis is a division of Whirlpool in Canada.

Robert :

The phone number to contact them is 1-800/807-6777.

Robert :

If you cannot get any results from talking to them I would recommend that you call Whirlpool at 1-800/688-2002

Robert :

They probably make a Whirlpool branded washer of the same design with a beefier handle.

Robert :

They would be the only ones that would know that.

Customer:

Hi Robert. Thanks for your response. In your opinion and being as we have had the unit for 3 years, how do you think they would respond? Like maybe "pound sand" :)

Robert :

I would think that the repetitive nature of the failure and the fact that it is on backorder would speak for itself. Try Inglis first and then try Whirlpool corporate. Somebody has to know something about it and have an alternative.

Robert :

I know, from experience, that higher quality Whirlpool parts will fit on most Inglis models.

Customer:

Again thanks for your help! Ya know it is so frustrating. So tell me, now that I paid with my my master card ($38.?) can I/we ask more questions about other techie stuff?

Robert :

Sure. I will help if I have the knowledge at hand, lol

Customer:

perfect! Where are you at anyway? We are in Peachland, in the Okanagan Valley. Carolyn. ps how do I log in next time?

Robert :

I am in Texas. Just use the link in your email to get back in to this area. The link will appear about 15-20 minutes after you close this chat by clicking accept. It may go to your spam folder so check there. I look forward to helping you again in the future.

Customer:

Whoo hoo! Hey will you back us up if I start a class action law suit (kidding)

Customer:

I will give you a bonus if those corporate giants give me some satisfaction!

Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

I can't jump on that bandwagon but I bet you could find a few people with a couple of internet posts, lol.