kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

Kenmore 800 Washer cycles resetting question

Customer Question

How do i reset the cycles on a Kenmore model 800 series washer?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 5 years ago.

Can you explain to me what is going on?

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
yes, the cycles are off

kingmz :
ok so you start it up, does water come in?

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
yes water comes in and washer agitates

kingmz :
ok so does it spin and drain the water out?

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
yes does both

kingmz :
ok so it washes, agitates, and spins and drains the water out. What is wrong with the washing machine? What do you mean when you say the cycles are off?

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
the machine should fill up beforew it adjtates

kingmz :
could you give me your model number. If you open the lid there will be a sticker with model number and serial number

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
Kenmore model 800

kingmz :
thats not the model number for your washer that is the series of washers. Your model number will be 10 or 11 numbers

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
cw4840494

kingmz :
That is not the model number. If you could find the sticker that has the model and serial number (open the lid and look around the frame) you will find it.

I know what is wrong but I need your exact model number so I know what washing machine you have.

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
11829832800

kingmz :
ok that would be 110.29832800 your unit is made by whirlpool, one moment.

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
kenmore

kingmz :
Kenmore doesnt make anything, they just use their brand. Whirlpool makes this product.

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
that cool how do i reset cycles?

kingmz :
What is happening your machine thinks it is full when its not. Just so I understand, your problem is it starts to agitate while or before its filling correct?

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
yes

kingmz :
ok so you have a phillips screwdriver?

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
yes

kingmz :
ok before we get started. I cant find what I am looking for, can you manually adjust the water level? Small, medium, large, etc.. or is it auto water level?

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
auto level has three soil settings

kingmz :
ok so on your washing machine, you cant put in a pair of socks and set it to extra large?

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
no

kingmz :
that might be your problem. What I want you to do is unplug your washing machine. You are trying to access your front panel and get to the pressure hose. You will either have 2 screws in the back left and right. Or you may have it in the front. You may have 2 panels that may have to come off in order to access it. I am trying to find a schematic for your unit but no luck.

I am going to have you do something that will take a total of 5 minutes. It will possibly make it work right away.

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
sound great

kingmz :
did you find the 2 phillip screws that need to be removed in order to access that front panel? Oh I found out how to access it. Do you have a putty knife?

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
yes where are the screws?

kingmz :
What you will need to do is take a putty knife and at both edges of your front panel, pry it up. There is 2 clips holding the front panel in.

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
is this the machine front panel? the timer mountin plate as 3 hex screws on the back of the machine

kingmz :
yes and dont do anything with the timer.

Looking at your washing machine from the front view. The front left edge and front right edge are held in by 2 metal clips.

Stick the putty knife at the edge and lift it up. I am not 100% sure if it has clips but to make sure, use the putty knife and lift it maybe an inch, you will see a metal clip where you are trying to lift it from.

You will see the metal clip that is connected to the front panel that is being held in in a hold in the base of the machine

JACUSTOMER-elxosmup- :
what problem should i find?

kingmz :
what I am going to have you do is take off the pressure hose (its a clear hose that goes from your pressure switch and/or auto level sensor to the bottom of the tub) You will take off the hose from the switch and blow into it and clear any debris. Then blow on where you took off the hose. Put it back in.

When you are blowing into the hose you should hear it in the washing machine. You could have a hole in that hose (HIGHLY unlikely) or that switch is bad.

If that does not work you will need to replace this part, http://www.appliancepartspros.com/Appliance-Parts/whirlpool-switch-sen-item-number-ap4501024.aspx