John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a whirlpool top load washer model #LSQ9549LWO and in

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool top load washer model #LSQ9549LWO and in the last 4-6 weeks it has started to vibrate,move during use.It is on a concrete floor and is level.Could use some help trying to figure this out.I am handy and mechanically inclined,I just need help with what needs replaced without calling a repairman.Any thoughts on what might be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Hi IM John I will help you with the vibrating problem.

Does the tub lean to the right ?

Did you have one off balance load and now it vibrates all the time in the spin cycle ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It will usually be leaning to the left.The load is always balanced and it still vibrates.The whole washer will move up to 3-4 inches every time.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Tip the washer back and check the spring make sure its hooked up the way it shows it in this picture.

Let me know if its the problem please.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will have to do this(take the back off)tomorrow.I work 2nd shift and have to go to work in about 30-40 mins.I will send you an answer about this after I check it out.If it is not the spring what should I look for next?Thank you for your help.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

You don't have to remove the back just tip the washer backwards and look under the washer you will see the spring.

If thats not the problem tip the washer towards you with the back legs about 6 in from the floor and let it drop to the floor this will reset the back legs to make it level.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The spring is attached and it is level.It has always been level.Any other suggestions?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The back legs are self leveling and an off balance load will cause the legs to not be level any more so tip the washer towards you so the back legs are about 6 in from the floor and let the washer drop this will reset the self leveling legs .

Now try the washer it should now be level.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The legs on this washer are not self leveling.I have told you a couple of times it is level.This is not the problem!!!!!!!I am not getting anywhere like this.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The washer has self leveling legs this is one of them.

Try what I suggested to re level the washer please.

http://www.partselect.com/PS334463-Whirlpool-285244-Rear-Leveling-Foot.htm?Inventory=334463&SourceCode=4&SearchTerm=LSQ9549LW0

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok you were right about the legs but before I even checked with you I made sure the thing was level.I put a level on the thing,bubble was between the lines.That is level.This is not the problem!!!!
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Try the dropping of the washer the 6 in from the floor , if thats ok then the wear pads are worn out, heres a video on how to replace the wear pads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCFWHoJ2tns