Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a front load washer that will not run the spin cycle.

I have a front load washer that will not run the spin cycle. I have turned the breaker off to reset the computer but the spin cycle gets skipped still. It seems like I remember a breaker inside the machine that will stop this cycle if the load gets to off balance..am I correct?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is the door lock light on ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the wash cycle runs through tumble rines etc so yes the lock is working I don't remember a light.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
when it goes to the rinse does it drain correctly before continuing ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When the wash is done most of the water is drained but the cloths are still wet because no spin cycle. I will then run it on drain spin and can here water draining but no spin just tumble.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay , can you spin the tub by hand and tell me if you hear water sloshing in the tub ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I will take a look later. I am at work...thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
no problem.thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I cannot hear water sloshing when spinning
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
sorry I was off line last night when you got home,can you tell if it spins at all when it gets to spin?does it actually spin but just slow ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It turns slowly left and then right repeatedly and then drains and then back to the turning slowly
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay so it never really spins . you need to replace the door switch. heres a link to the part and a video on how to replace it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Switch/131763202/1531974?modelNumber=417.44052400 thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Wow really? What would make that switch go out...it's not that old...They just don't make things to last anymore do they. This switch could be bad even though the door locks and the light is on?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes it could be bad even though the lock light comes on. there are separate contacts for the spin. this is the usual problem with these machines. yeah they don't make anything good anymore. thanks Bryan