Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

i have a kenmore elite washer that will not drain all of the

Customer Question

i have a kenmore elite washer that will not drain all of the sudden. it had a off balance load and stopped ,now i cant get it to do anything and it is half full of water,what s the anser to my problem,thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Welcome....Please retype the model number with spaces in b between each digit..As the system does not recognize any number that resembles a phone number..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1 1 0 2 7 0 6 2 6 0 3
When this happens..There should be a error code flash on the screen have you notice a error code..? If you set the washer to drain and spin..Can you hear the pump running..?..Dos the display light up..?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i hear noise but there is no error code now no matter what combonation of selections i try it dose not do anything, but the display lights up.
So you are hearing a humming sound by chance..? From what you are explaining ..Sounds like a drain pump problem..Go around back..Unplug the washer..Remove the back cover..As you are facing the washer..The drain pump is on the your left..Plug the washer back in..Carefully feel or listen to the pump as you restart the washer in the drain and spin mode..If it is humming..Then either the pump is faulty..Or you have something stuck in the pump itself..In which case you will need to remove the water from the tub..Then remove the drain hoses to the pump..Then check for blockage.

I see this question is still open..Please let me know if you have any further questions..If not once using the accept option pays me for my time helping you ..Thanks Bob

#4 is the drain pump..This is what you will see once you remove the back cover..Also you can do a diagnostic check..To see if there is a error code..CLICK HERE FOR DIAGNOSTICS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there a easy way to cleanout any debris i can see in the very bottom of the drum i can see through the plastic
The best way is to remove the drain hose at the back..More than likely the drain pump is blocked from what you are describing..If you have a shop vac..Remove the water from the tub..Then lay the washer on its front...This will give you easy access to the pump..Remove the drain hose then the pump..Check the pump for blockage..This is the only way to do the repair ..Unfortunately not a quick easy solution...Thanks Bob