Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I just finished installing a new Maytag cooktop, model # XXXXX

I just finished installing a new Maytag cooktop, model # XXXXX In order to fasten the cooktop to the countertop, it was necessary to remove the coil elements and burner bowls. I followed the instructions exactly for removal and replacement of the coil elements and burner bowls. The problem is that when I replaced those things as instructed, the coil elements will not stay flat. The edge of the coil element opposite the receptacle stays up about 1/2 inch on all 5 burners. What can I do to get the elements to stay flat?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will use all my training and knowledge to help you so please bear with me ,, thanks

call the dealer you bought it from and have them to send out a servicer to adjust the burner blocks they fit into, this is under the warranty