Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

I have a Maytag Neptune front loading washer, model MAH 5500

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Neptune front loading washer, model MAH 5500 BWW. It will not start after unplugging for 2 minutes, repeatedly restarting, etc. The " door lock" light is not coming on. Is the switch for the door lock faulty? Is there a way to check it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

This could be a door lock problem OR a main control board issue.

Robert :

The easiest thing to check first is the control board. Pull the back off of the control panel and look at all of the connections on the board. Look for a burnt out spot. It will usually be very easy to see. The door lock is a series of switches, springs and a wax motor. You would have to test the switches and wax motor for continuity to see if they are bad.

Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.
Make sure you come back and let me know what you find OR if you need info on how to get into the unit. I will be here to help.