Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

Broil element does not work on whirlpool range werp4120pq2.The

Customer Question

Broil element does not work on whirlpool range werp4120pq2.The element has been checked for continuity and is ok.Is there any circuit breakers that could be faulty or would the problem be in the control panel?

Thankyou
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help you with your issue. Have you checked for power coming to the element? It wouldn't be a circuit breaker otherwise the bake element wouldn't work or any other element. There may be a limit on your unit or yes it could be the electronic control, give me a minute to locate a wiring diagram on your unit.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Ok there is a thermal fuse in line to the broil element, it would be a small round thermostat if that is open then power is cut to the broil element.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
checked it out for continuity and it appears ok
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
If it's good it should ohm out to zero, make sure you are checking the right one if that is good then the control is bad. There should be 240 going to the element and both legs are powered by the electronic control, one leg goes to the element and the other goes to the thermal fuse and then to the element.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Its the only one I can find and both wires solid red and blue/white go to the control panel.Fuse reads zero ohms.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Ok I just wanted to make sure the fuse was not the problem, the fuse reads zero ohms then it is good and you said the element checked good then the control is the only thing left. The control would need to be replaced to fix the issue.

Electronic control

PART NUMBER: 9757271 this is the part number on the control.

Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Were you able to check for voltage at the element? Wait a minute let me look at the diagram again both the wires go to the control? One should go to the control and the other to the element.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
The wire colors are correct that should be the one. It has a red wire and a blue white wire according to the diagram.