Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Amana side/side fridge, with water/ice in the door.

Customer Question
My problem is no water...
I have a Amana side/side fridge, with water/ice in the door. My problem is no water comes out now. The only thing that is different lately is a week or so I replaced the water filtration a week or so ago. What do you?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/20/2012
Appliance Technician: Robert, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

Will the unit still make ice?

Robert :

Let me know when you are online so I can help you diagnose the problem.

Customer:

The ice section has some water that is trying to freeze, so i am saying yes?

Robert :

Ok.

Robert :

Is the unit making the normal noises when you push the lever for water?

Robert :

Have you tried removing the water filter and reinstalling it yet?

JACUSTOMER-jhlwb3c8- :

It is not makeing any odd noises, I will try r/r the water filter again

Robert :

Ok. I know you have had it for awhile so this is probably something you know but I have to ask: These filters cause an air gap and you have to run them for a bit before the water comes out. Did you do that?

JACUSTOMER-jhlwb3c8- :

before I tryed to remove the filter I tryed the water lever to see if it made any noise and water comes out now?

Robert :

Probably part of the air gap issue I mentioned. Try it a few more times and see if it continues to work.

JACUSTOMER-jhlwb3c8- :

why now becouse ir/r the fillter last week but today is when it did not give water. ok hang on

JACUSTOMER-jhlwb3c8- :

well it is working for now, what I do if it it act up again?

Robert :

Most likely you could have been experiencing a slight frozen spot in the line. It could have bee an air gap in the resevoir also that just chose the wrong time to show its head. If you have any other issues in the future just come back to this question using the link in your email. It may be in the spam folder. I will help you out at no additional charge. It will take about 15 minutes to show up afterwards.

JACUSTOMER-jhlwb3c8- :

well thanks for the help? we really didn't do any

JACUSTOMER-jhlwb3c8- :

thing but I will pay you now and if you keep yours if it comes back :)

Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician

I will be here for you if you need me. You could have just left the question open but this will work also. I will not duck out on you. We will work until your problem is resolved.

Robert
Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician