Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have an ASKO D3531 dishwasher. Outlet water fault message

Customer Question

We have an ASKO D3531 dishwasher. Outlet water fault message is coming up? Any suggestions for self help? Or does this require a service call? Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is this putting water in at the beginning of the cycle?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I push the start button, it sounds like water is trying to drain into the sink, but then it all shuts down. Doesn't sound like water is actually filing in the machine.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
try this. pour about 1 1/2 gallons of water in the bottom by hand and then start the machine normally . tell me what it does. let it run.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am at the office now but will go home at noon, do it and let you know. Should I put the screen and filter back on before doing so.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes. let me know later. sometimes the float on the drain will stick and putting water in will free it up.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will do.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay, talk later. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there was always a little water in the drain area. I removed the screen and filter and cleaned them as best I could. Then removed as much water from the drain area as I could. Nothing appeared to be blocking the drain. I reset the whole machine, placed a bowl of vinegar in the bottom to clean it and started the cycle. It appears to be working.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
thats good, sorry I'm having internet problems. let me know if it stops again and I'll see what we can do. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It ran thru the cycle but my wife called to say the same error message is there as before. She was going to put a small amount of soap in the machine, start it and see if it cleans as it should.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay let me know when you know, Its sounds like you may have a pump issue.