Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an LG stove/range with an F7 error. Model LRE30453ST.

Customer Question
We've had someone look at...
I have an LG stove/range with an F7 error. Model LRE30453ST. We've had someone look at it and it's been almost 7 weeks. We call them and they tell us the part is still on order. The oven doesn't heat, and the problem is intermittent. The range top works fine.

I'm typically pretty handy and believe I could fix this myself if I simply knew what the part was. I don't think the repair service is trying very hard to find the part (nor are they interested in searching around for it).

Can you help point me to the parts I'd need to replace to fix this issue? THANKS!
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/12/2012
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F7 means that the display relay control board or "EOC" doesn't think that the oven is getting 240 volts. If you're sure you have a good power supply to the oven, then below is a display control board that would need to be ordered and replaced.

CLICK HERE

Amazing. They even have the part in stock!??? I'm going to order the part immediately. As soon as I get it installed and confirm it fixed the issue, I'll accept your answer. Should be done by mid week.

Any tips on the installation of the part? Is it pretty straightforward?

And, would you like to help me smack around the repair shop that's been jerking us around for the past two months? ;-) Unreal.

thanks a ton.
no problem and good luck. Without being there I can't really say for sure how to take the oven apart, but usually if you just pull the oven forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the control panel, you can access teh control board for replacement.

Hi! I see a couple follow up requests for payment/acceptance from you. I should have the part tomorrow and will install it right away. As soon as I get the repair done and can verify the fix, I'll accept the answer. I'd expect that to happen in the next 24 hours, assuming there is no delay with UPS delivery. Thanks again!!!
OK sounds good. Those requests are just automatically sent out, so you can just ignore them until you are ready.

New board is installed. No error messages. That's the good news. Now, the bad news: The oven doesn't heat at all. When set to "bake" I can hear the usual "click" as if it's trying to heat. However, it doesn't. The cooktop works perfectly fine.

Again, no errors, but no heat on any of the oven elements including the broil, convection and regular settings.

The board was a cinch to install. Unplug the plugs, and re-plug then into the matching slot in the new board and attach the ground wire to the oven frame. I checked the plug-ins to be sure all were fully attached. All seem OK.

What next?
Correction... we just let it run for a while to see what happens. It beeped and gave an F7 error.
I removed the back panel and located a pair of small black boxes (relays?). One of which has some serious smoke/burn damage and melted portions. I think we found our problem.

Now I just need to figure out what the heck that part is and how to order it. Ideas?
I'm not sure exactly which parts you are talking about but below is a link to all the parts for your model.

CLICK HERE

Looks like part 6871W1N012B. Which appears to be impossible to find in stock. Suggestions on a source?
Yes unfortunately that part is being re-designed so it's completely out of stock everywhere right now.

Wow. Any additional insight on what that means? We need to wait for someone in China to finish drawing up a new plan, then wait for it to get manufactured and shipped? Might be better off getting a new oven? Have you seen this scenario before, and how long was the delay?

what would you do?
It means that the manufactuerer is trying to make the part better because they have likely had issues with it. It shows that the part should be delivered sometime between the 17th and 24th, so it should be sent out to the parts stores sometime during that time and there really isn't much you can to do to speed up the process.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thanks much! I guess all we can do now is wait.
all right and good luck.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc