Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my kitchenaid dishwasher has had the clean light flashing 4

Customer Question
times and will not cycle...
my kitchenaid dishwasher has had the clean light flashing 4 times and will not cycle or run through diagnostics. I have had the service man here 4 times already, and they have replaced parts, but the same problem is occurring ($500 later). Can you please give me some help, I'm terribly frustrated.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/6/2012
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

What parts did they replace?

They replaced the electric pad behind the touchpad and the heating element
Are you sure it is 4 flashes and not 7 flashes of the clean light?
Yes, it's 7

Normally this is a bad heating element, if the tech checked it and replaced it, then he did not check to see if it is getting voltage to the heating element, this will cause the error code you received, so the problem is the thermostat that controls the heating element is bad, this is part number 661566, You can order the parts you need from the following places, http://www.apwagner.com/, http://www.repairclinic.com/, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/, or http://www.partstore.com/, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

High Limit Thermostat 661566 Main Product View

If possible will please leave me Positive feedback as we are graded on our help to you. If you cannot leave Positive feedback please let me know why so I can try to help more.

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician