Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

I have an Amana Gas stove model number ACS3350as. The stovetop

I have an Amana Gas stove model number ACS3350as. The stovetop works fine but the oven no longer lights. We had a repair guy come over and told us that the control panel is not working and needs to be replaced. All of the buttons and display work but the oven doesn't light. I was also told that control panel for this model has been discontinued so it may not be able to be fixed. If it were to be fixed it would cost about $500. I just wanted to verify this info before I go out and buy a new oven. Is it possible it's the ignitier and not the control panel?

Tim Alan :

Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you.

Tim Alan :

It very well could be the igniter

Tim Alan :

Most often when ovens do not heat up, it is the igniter that is bad.

Tim Alan :

Does it glow at all?

Tim Alan :

Do you have a volt meter?

Customer:

It does not glow

Tim Alan :

Do you have a volt meter?

Customer:

no

Tim Alan :

The igniter is supplied 120 volts from the control and the neutral is fed through the solenoid on the gas valve, did the technician check power to the igniter?

Tim Alan :

Do you know how he determined it was the control?

Customer:

Unfortunately I don't know because I was not home at the time. I can follow up with him and ask.

Tim Alan :

Ok not much more i can tell you but he would have had to check power to the igniter at least to verify that.

Tim Alan :

For an oven no heat it is typically the igniter

Tim Alan :

but it also could be the control or the valve too

Customer:

ok. it helps to know what to ask.

Tim Alan :

Ask if he verified 120 volts to the igniter to ground and see if he checked the neutral

Customer:

From what I read it sounds like most of the time the control panel goes the display screen doesn't work. Is that correct?

Tim Alan :

You can still have a functional display and still have a problem with the oven.

Tim Alan :

There is a relay inside the control that powers the igniter

Customer:

ok. Thanks! I will follow up with repair guy. Is the control panel part discontinued? Is it a $500 repair?

Tim Alan :

I will look just a minute

Tim Alan :

Yes that is correct it is no longer available

Customer:

Ok so if it is th econtrol panel I have no choice but to purchase new oven?

Tim Alan :

Yes that is correct, 500 is about right depending on what the control would have cost and at that point it is probably not worth repairing but that is up to you, most people go new when the repair gets that high.

Customer:

Great. I feel like I have done my research. Thanks for the help!

Tim Alan :

Your welcome, have a great day, please remember to press the accept button and leave a comment, thank you.