Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

We have a whirlpool duet washer that will not finish washing.

We have a whirlpool duet washer that will not finish washing. At the rinse cycle it stops and we get an F11 code. Using the control unlock button does not work. If we unplug it and let it set for about an hour then plug it back in we an get the door to unlock and runit through the rinse cyle sometimes. this happens withevery load.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

The F11 error is a communication error between the motor control unit and the central control unit on your washer.

Robert :

Is this a repair you would like to try yourself?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

hello are you there?

Robert :

Sorry. The chat locked up on my end

Customer:

no problem

Robert :

The first thing you will need to do is open the unit up and check the wiring from the control boards to the motor. You will need to look for breaks, corrosion, rust or loose wires. This is often the only problem with the unit.

Robert :

If all of the wires are in good shape then you may have a control board failure and the board will need to be replaced.

Customer:

where is the control board?

Robert :

I will get you a video that shows you how to remove the control board. That is the best way to show you so you can see how to check the wiring. This video is for all Whirlpool Duet, Kenmore HT and Maytag Epic units. They are all the same so if it looks a little different, don't be worried.

Robert :

Just click that link to watch the video

Robert :

To access the wires down by the motor you will need to remove the panel under the door by removing the 3 screws on its botXXXXX XXXXXp and then bumping the panel down to remove it.

Robert :

Sound good?

Robert :

I will need the full model number off of the sticker around the door to get you the part number for the CCU(control board) if the wiring checks good.

Robert :

Let me know if you need more information from me. I will be on most of the day. If you don't need any other assistance, please click the accept button to close this chat and have a great night. I will be checking back.

Customer:

sorry my computer locked up. can you email me the link at [email protected] so i can watch it on a better computer tommorrow? I will accept your answer.