Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

MAYTAG MAV6257AWW stopped working. I recently did the brake

MAYTAG MAV6257AWW stopped working. I recently did the brake and was workijng fine then my wife filled it ( it's full of water) and nothing. no clicks or anything.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

If this fills with water and then stopped and does nothing your lid switch has failed. This is a very common issue on this machine, it would have nothing to do with the brake still have the motor running or trying to run even if there was a problem with the brake, this is the lid switch,

you need to order and replace it, you can order it at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/12001908/916383?modelNumber=MAV6257AWW

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i'm pretty sure i had 2 seperate problems is there a way to test the lid switch safely. bypass it somehow to be sure.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately you cannot test the switch on these because they're multiple wire but I can assure you that the list which is the issue. This is very common failure on these and there is no way to test the switch itself unfortunately.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

there should be power to the switch though?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
let me see if I can pull up the wiring diagram for it, in a few minutes. Some of these don't have power they run off the neutral which doesn't have power to it, let me see if I can find out for you, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay if you click this link it will take you to the wiring diagram http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=47854&diagram_id=28464816#d28464816