Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I am coverting a Whirlpool dryer WGD 4900 XW to propane I

Customer Question
I am coverting a...
I am coverting a Whirlpool dryer WGD 4900 XW to propane I was given kit #49572. The blocking pin will not fit this regulator. The regulator has a indexing mark on the body and 2 marks on the diaphram cover, LPG and NG. Can you advise how to finish?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/1/2012
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

let me see is I can find the info on that. is this the kit you have ?

Yes it is...There is a sticker by the valve that indicates I need Kit #49572A. I assume they have changed regulators and we have not caught up.

https://servicematters.com/secured/docs/part_instruct/694571.pdf this is the instructions from the service manual, click the blue link.

The site requires a password XXXXX user name

it should come up try this. https://servicematters.com/secured/docs/part_instruct/694571.pdf it may not have copied

Same problem...name and password. We fix this I will gladly accept!
Okay it will not allow me to send you directly to the page unfortunately, only technicians are allowed on the site so I can't give you the passwords however I did copy the tech sheets and I'll see if I can get you these, give me a few minutes, thanks, Bryan
https://servicematters.com/secured/docs/part_instruct/694571.pdf this open for me even when I'm not signed in, try it one more time if that doesn't wok tr copying and pasting it to your URL bar

It must know your computer...same problem.

Well I can't get you the instructions from there unfortunately, only authorized service tech allowed to view the service tech sheets, I'm going to opt out and maybe somebody has this in the computer separate from the original site and may be able to help you, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. Try the link below.

Attachment: 2012-02-01_181832_694571.pdf

Clicking the "ACCEPT" button will NOT close this question. Once you accept, you may refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Also, please leave positive feedback after you accept, this is important!

Hi Kelly....this is the kit and directions I have as well but the regulator in my dryer is differant the blocking pin will not fit. The regulator has an indexing m ark and the diaphram cover has two marks, LPG and NG. I assume it should be turned to the LPG but want to insure I do it right

Oh, then you will not need the extra regulator plunger. Simply line up the mark on the cap to the LP mark and you will be good.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician