Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

RADIANT RANGE, FRONT BURNER WILL NOT HEAT; OTHER THREE DO.

RADIANT RANGE, FRONT BURNER WILL NOT HEAT; OTHER THREE DO. mODEL JBP78D001WW
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 5 years ago.

On this unit when this happens the burner is normally what causes it. You would need to ohm the burner out by lifting the top. The top comes up by removing the screws under the front edge. With the top up test the burner for 220v or for continuity. 99% of the time on this unit when this happens the burner is bad. If the burner test good the switch behind the knob is bad
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How do I test the burner and what do I do if it is out? If it is the switch behind the knob how do I fix the problem?

You need a volt'ohm meter to check the terminals. You simply replace it all the connections are plug and play and the burner is mounted with several small screws very straight forward. If the switch is bad, simply pop the knob off remove the two screws push the switch out the back swap the wires over and your done.