Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Whirlpool Estate Electric Dryer (Heavy Duty Super

I have a Whirlpool Estate Electric Dryer (Heavy Duty Super Capacity) that just stopped heating. Everything else is fine, but no heat. Model #EEDD4400SQ0
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 years ago.
You will need a Ohm meter to check it out. You may have a bad high limit thermostat. You can jumper that out. If you have the heater out check it very carefully. Pull lightly on the heating coils to see if you can find a break sometimes the break is easy to miss. If you get a meter than you can verify if the heater is good. The two most popular things on your dryer to go bad is the heater and high limit thermostats. The heater is more common. It's very hard to trouble shoot problems like this without a meter, I'm not saying it can't be done, but is a lot more difficult.