Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Kenmore Elite Oasis HE. Flashing Fault code, F51. Cant get

Kenmore Elite Oasis HE. Flashing Fault code, F51. Cant get it to clear

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. The error code F51 indicates an issue with the RPS sensor in the motor. It has been a source of trouble for the Cabrio, Bravos and Oasis machines. There has been a kit developed for the F51 trouble and comes with complete installation instructions, including pictures. It is available at the link below.

RPS Sensor Kit $62.52

Clicking the "ACCEPT" button will NOT close this question. Once you accept, you may refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Also, please leave positive feedback after you accept, this is important!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So I have to purchase this kit, before i can clear this code?
You will likely need to purchase the kit before the code will clear. You may try power cycling the machine (unplugging for 5 minutes) but the code will probably return. It means the control cannot "see" what the motor is doing.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
To replace this part, washer drum must be removed correct? I think I have had one of these replaced b4
No, this is done from the bottom of the machine.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Oh, great! Thanks =) I have unplugged the washer for a few minutes, tried to run it again, code still came up. So, I have ordered the part from the link you sent me to. Thanks for your help!! Have a great day!

You, too! Please be sure to leave positive feedback after you accept! Thank you!