Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kenmore Elite Oasis HE. Washer is locked on error code Ld. We

Customer Question
Kenmore Elite Oasis HE. Washer is...
Kenmore Elite Oasis HE.
Washer is locked on error code Ld.
We have tried turning it off and restarting.
We took the water out.
Hoe can we reset it?
What button do you push to reset?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/16/2012
Appliance Technician: kingmz, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician

kingmz :

Hello

kingmz :

Inside your door you will find a model number. Open the door and the model number will be on a sticker along the edge of the washer not the door

Customer:

110.27062603

kingmz :

I am pretty sure this is caused by a clogged pump or a bad pump.

kingmz :

turn the washer off, take the bottom panel off. There may be a peek-a-boo door at the bottom for easy access to the pump.

kingmz :

the pump will be connected to 2 different hoses. You can have a clog in either the pump or the two hoses

kingmz :

clean out the pump and clean out the hoses

kingmz :

if you are still having problems then you have to replace the pump

Customer:

So there is no way to reset this?

kingmz :

no you are getting an error code due to water staying in the tub when it should be emptied

kingmz :

that is caused by a bad or clogged puimp

Customer:

You are right. The washer was full. We bucketed out the water.

kingmz :

so you took out the water and didn;t check the pump?

kingmz :

hopefully you have a sock or something stuck in it

kingmz :

that is common

Customer:

If we clean teh pump and reset teh pump will it reset itself and work?

kingmz :

when you overload your washer small items can go over the drum and fall into where the pump is

kingmz :

you can have a bad pump

kingmz :

what you want to do is pray there is something stuck in either the pump or the 2 hoses connected to the pump.

kingmz :

if not you have to replace the pump

kingmz :

and your washer is a whirlpool

Customer:

WE did replace the pump about a month ago.

Customer:

This washing machine has been the most unreliable nightmare that we ever had the misfortune to get involved with.

kingmz :

yeah thats one of the worst whirlpool has ever made

kingmz :

the 300 dollar top loader with the agitator is your best friend

kingmz :

they rarely break and when they do its a very inexpensive fix

Customer:

Ok, we will try it.

kingmz :

if you are continuing to have multiple problems i would suggest buying a new washer. I have my own company and i tell customers the same thing

kingmz :

i can fix it but sometimes its not worth it

kingmz :

but you can do what you want to do. Clear out the pump and drain hoses and see if that resolves it

Customer:

Yes, you are right A washer that is only 4 years old should not have ongoing problems

kingmz :

get yourself a roper or estate washer they are made by whirlpool

kingmz :

if you plan on buying a new washer

kingmz :

dont get a ge or frigidaire

Customer:

Do they have the agitator in teh middle.

kingmz :

yes

Customer:

and are they reliable?

kingmz :

As long as you take care of it they will last.

kingmz :

dont over load it, dont slam the lid, etc...

Customer:

Right

kingmz :

they have been the same for the past 25 years and that is because they are the best. People get front loaded washers for 600-700 and the 300 dollar washer is 10x better

Customer:

Ok, what do we do to accept the $30 fee?

kingmz :

just accept the answer

kingmz :

and any feedback is welcomed. I appreciate it.

Customer:

Ok Thanks for your help

kingmz :

no problem.

kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
kingmz
kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician