Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my kenmore elite H4 dryer wont run when i push start, the timer

my kenmore elite H4 dryer wont run when i push start, the timer works but the drum doesnt turn and there is no heat-any ideas on the source of the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you recheck that model number it doesn't seem to be coming up. There will be a model number tag right inside the door can you check that again, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
110.85876400
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay great, you will need to replace the thermal fuse in this. This is a very common failure on these is located on the blower housing, you need to remove the panel underneath the door number 16 on this diagram, it is an access panel. And the part is number 59 on this diagram, you can order this at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/3392519/2986?modelNumber=110.85876400 and if you have a voltmeter there is also a video there to show you how to test this, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
would appliance stores carry that part?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yes all appliance stores carry these, it's a very common problem in most places have 10 or 20 in stock at a time I know we do, do you need a part number ? This is the part number just encase you need it,(NNN) NNN-NNNN, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we r having trouble removing the wheel-it says to turn it, how is that attached or do we just keep turning it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure I understand, what wheel are you trying to turn ? All you need to do is remove the bottom panel by removing the screws on the end of the panel on each side bottom, they are close to the floor you almost have to lay down to see them have you removed that panel yet?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we found it-thought there was more disassembly than there was. Got it out. thanks for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Your very welcome, have a great day and a great weekend, thanks, Bryan