Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Bosch dish washer model SHU3136UC/14, upper arm not rotating,

Customer Question
does not appear to be...
Bosch dish washer model SHU3136UC/14, upper arm not rotating, does not appear to be getting water. Machine was scaled-up. Ran through 'Washer Magic' cleaner. Did remove much scale but upper arm still not rotating. Good hot temperature and volume on lower rotating arm. Does this model have the alternating valve in the heater assemble and could this be stuck or worn out. Upper outlet does not appear to be blocked and no sign of alternating water to lower arm. Unit bought new and about 4 years old.
Thank you
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/10/2012
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

how much water is in this after the initial fill? Can you start the machine and let it fill and tell me how much water is in the bottom of the machine in inches? Thanks, Bryan

It fills right to the screen, measured at 4 inches
Him and him on it and Okay it seems like you're getting the right amount of water, there are no alternating wash cycles like in between the bottom and top racks in this particular machine there is however just one circulation pump for the two of them, since you had to descale this unit more than likely you have a clog still in the upper spray arm assembly, either in the tube that runs to it on the spray arm itself, you will need to check that,there is a tube that runs up the back of the dishwasher inside it's a flat tube in a runs to the top spray him you need to take these apart and see if there's a clog in there all the way up to the spray arm itself in the top. Let me know which find, thanks, Bryan
Thank you; with no alternating cycle between upper and lower arms it does appear blockage getting to the upper. I would like to take upper tray out and the feeder tube to the upper arm for cleaning. They are both still scaled at attachment points. I do not want to force these but will attempt to further descale. Could you suggest any procedures to remove without over forcing and breakage. That is a better cleaning agent for just hand applying to appropriate locations. Mainly where are the attachment sites for the feader tube
On most of these there are stainless tabs that are part of the back tub assembly with a gray part is with the two tubes connect together in the center. You need to gently pry the tabs out while pulling in on the tubes and the assembly should come out that way it seems you probably have a scale problem inside these tools if it was that bad before you also need to check down towards were connects in the bottom to the main pump assembly under the main spray arm, there's no real trick to it but you can see where it the gray part that keeps the two tubes together snaps into the tub in the back, it's easier to remove the top rack if you are able to in the bottom rack so you are able to get at everything much easier. I don't know of any other decaling stuff you can use for that. This can be a real pain you must have real hard water and this tends to build up along with soap deposits, I hope this helps though, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician