Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Profile Dishwasher QP48 (a couple of years old) that

Customer Question
has just stopped cleaning very...
I have a Profile Dishwasher QP48 (a couple of years old) that has just stopped cleaning very well. We stopped using the large detergent dispenser thinking that maybe the that was the problem but after several weeks it was still clening very poorly. I took all of the water spinners our and cleaned them. That seemed to help a little but it is still not working right. I have also used plenty of the cleaning pucks with no luck.
Thanks
Kevin
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/10/2012
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you tell me how much water is in the bottom at the beginning of the cycle after this fills before it starts to wash? Also that model number is XXXXX can you open the door in this should be a tag on one of the side walls and get me the full model number? To test the water start the machine on a regular cycle and wait for it to fill in once it's full open the door and tell me in inches how much water is in the bottom. Does it reach the heater? Thanks, Bryan

Model# XXXXX

Good call. There is barely an inch measured at the low point. Needs another inch to cover the heater. I'm guessing the float is inside that little plastic cover on the front left?

It's very possible that the float is stuck or sticking, but it's also possible your electronic fill valve is not opening fully, these are a timed fill cycle, in other words the timer only allows the machine to fill for a certain amount of time and then shuts power off to the valve so the valve is not opening fully enough water will not enter the machine in the allotted time therefore you have a low water level, it's definitely in the water system you're not getting enough water, the thing you should do first is check the float of course make sure moves up and down freely and is not impeded by any soap or anything else that may have gotten under the little dome. If that is okay make sure your water under the sink is turned on fully, if it is go ahead and shut off take the panel off below the door and the front and disconnect the water line and change the valve, this is the valve, you can order it at the following link if needed, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/WD15X10011/1263963?modelNumber=PDWT480P00SS thanks and have a great day, Bryan
The float looks good but when it opens, the water level is just barley to the heater not over it. Is that OK. If it got any higher it would be above the bottom of the door. I don't see any way to lower the heater coil. Does that seem right? BTW I ordered the new valve.
Well when you say it would be above the door do you mean the part that hangs down inside over the lip in the front of the machine? It sounds like the water level is low but you saying it does reach the heater or just about?

Sorry for the confusion, I took the cover off the float and added water manually until the the float switch opened. That put the water level just to the bottom of the heater. I didn't know if it should be fully submerged. I think if it were water would come out when the door was opened.

Oh okay, I thought it was filling correctly now, no I would replace the valve, the valve is not opening fully it sounds like your float is fine, replace the valve should take care this issue, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician