Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an amana refrigerator model# XXXXX 20 yrs old. The

I have an amana refrigerator model# XXXXX 20 yrs old. The freezer (on top) door started sticking at the lower right hand corner (non_hinged side). Is there some type of adjustment I could make?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

These have nylon spacers in them and that's would you use to lift the door up its called a shim,

you can order these at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Hinge/M0274058/197169?modelNumber=TZ21Q2E you will need to remove the freezer door and then the hinge in the center and lift the door off the hinge to install it, you may be able to do it by removing just the bottom hinge have somebody hold the door while you do it and just slide the Shim on and put it back on, this should take care of your issue, you may be a little to Lowe's with the hinge and find some plastic nylon washers that will fit but that's how you adjust these probably what happened is your hinge shims have either worn or broken and have fallen off over the years so the doors sitting lower than it should, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan