Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag side by side refrigerator. The freezer side

Customer Question
is not cooling. And the...
I have a Maytag side by side refrigerator. The freezer side is not cooling. And the refrigerator side is not as cool as it should be. I checked the fan motor and its working. I just don't know if the fan is working well enough. Do you have any ideas what I should check or replace next?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2012
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Is the fan running in the freezer? Is there any Frost on the back panel inside the freezer section behind the food? Check real good it's very important, let me know, thanks, Bryan

Bryan, yes the fan was blowing in the freezer side. Please note I don't have total access to the refrigerator, it's in my rent house. Can I continue this session when I get to the refrigerator later this morning?
Yes you can, just come back and post when you know I will receive it, talk later, thanks, Bryan
Thank you I will! If I can find my way back in to this post.
just sign back in and your posts should come up.
Bryan, I checked the back inside of the freezer and there is no frost at all.
Okay do you hear any clicking or buzzing coming from behind the refrigerator with the compressor is? Do you know if the compressor itself is running? You can feel it see if it's vibrating, also is this compressor hot, warm, or cold? Let me know, thanks, Bryan
Again, I'm not there at the moment but yes I heard a buzzing click yesterday when I was. Is the compressor the sealed cylindrical unit that the copper lines are running into? If so, I felt it and it was hot. But I couldn't tell you from that if it was running.
Okay sorry, I thought you went to the refrigerator, at any rate you need to replace the relay assembly, I just looked yours up and these relays fail all the time we replace them constantly if you not getting any Frost in the freezer at all then the relay has failed and the compressor is not running, the fan next the compressor is probably running in the compressor feels hot but that doesn't mean it's running it means the start windings are overheating because the relay is bad, you need to order and replace the relay, you can order this at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Relay-and-Overload-Kit/12002783/1194748?modelNumber=PSD2350DRW thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician