How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is the small tube that comes off the backside of the tub supposed

Resolved Question:

Is the small tube that comes off the backside of the tub supposed to be attached to something? My washer is filling and not stopping which causes this tube to drain on the floor.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.


Is this a small clear plastic tube about a quarter inch round?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is actually a black tube but it is about a quarter inch round. It is attached to the side of the tub and is then attached to the back of the cabinet with a flex tie. It then just hangs down.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay that is the tube that goes up to your pressure switch, and that's why it keeps filling, what happens is this tube is an air tube in when the water fills it pushes air up the tube in goes to your pressure switch, when there's enough pressure from the water in the tub it activates a switch which shuts the water off, is it off the side of the tub itself or is it off up in the top of the machine? If it's off the top of the machine it connects to this, which is your water level control so if you take the back panel off to access the controls you will see this and you will see the little part the tube connects to it on the left side in the picture about seven o'clock position, that's where it goes, if it's off and hanging inside the machine with the tub is look for the connector on the side of the tub it belongs on you can see where the water is coming out if it's down there that's where it goes, it runs from the tub up into the control panel and to the water level control hope this helps, thanks, Bryan,
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you