Charles
Charles, Engineering Contractor
Experience:  Install, repair and trouble shoot
26609390

We Have a Miele Washing Machine # XXXXX This morning a large

Customer Question

We Have a Miele Washing Machine # XXXXX This morning a large volume of water spilled on the floor while running a Woolens Wash. A red light and beep went on showing at the WATER INTAKE light and we could not open the door. Following the instructions in the booklet,I THOROUGLY cleaned the entire Drain Pump and Lint Trap. There were ppieces of lint there. The impeller pump rotates freely. I restarted the machile using the "Fine Rinse" program. I could hear and see filling but the Water Intake light again went on red and beeps.
What more should I do at this point?
Many thanks
Ranjit Singh MD
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Charles replied 5 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist you today!!

It sounds like the water inlet valve is sticking or the water level sensor is not working.

The water inlet valves on this unit are fairly complex. Its not uncommon for them to have issues.

You can try to clear the fault codes by doing the following steps.

If these do not work then you will need to service the unit.

***

Clearing a Stored Fault Codes
1. Access the Service Mode
2. Place the Program Selector Switch to the WOOLENS 85
position (Fault Code Retrieval position).
3. While a fault is displayed - Switch off the appliance.

4.7 Water Control System - Intake
During the initial water intake, the Electronic monitors the duration of time until the Water Level Switch is actuated. This value is used so that certain wash variables (i.e. wash time, number of rinses) can be controlled during the program.
If water level 1 is not reached within the programmed "water intake time" (2 or 4 minutes), the Inlet Valves are closed;the program is cancelled and the Drain Pump is operated for 90 seconds.

The most likely cause for your issue is a bad control board. Not sure how into this you want to get because it will require removal of electronics.

I hope this helps answer your question, if so please click the green accept button, if not im still here to assist you,

Thanks again,

Charles

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not know how to access the service mode?
Expert:  Charles replied 5 years ago.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccxxYSuo5m0

Give this link a try. It is a different washer but the same control system.

Give it a try and let me know.

I will be off and on the system today and will check in.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The buttons are different on this machine and there is no screen.

I am unable to access "Service Mode" Which keys to press?

Turning the machine on simply results in filling then the red light,beep and WaterIntake warning (even though there is water coming in)

Would it make sense to clean out the water intake valves now? Or call a technician?

Expert:  Charles replied 5 years ago.

The valves are things that cant be cleaned out, they have to be replaced. It would be a place to start. I cant find anything in the manual about getting into the service mode.

I will keep looking and get back to you, Charles

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I think you may be right about ther electronics. I will have a Miele technician come in

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Charles replied 5 years ago.

Thank you, I will also keep trying to find new info for you.

Charles