Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

MY LG electric dryer will not start. The "clean filter" light

Customer Question

MY LG electric dryer will not start. The "clean filter" light is on. The filter is clean and I always clean it after every loan. It makes a humming noise when I push the start button and will not start. I unplugged it and tried to restart with no luck.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Welcome..Please remember if i reply to you with a answer, your replies to me are free of charge there after.Once satisfied Please accept....The clean Filter light will stay on..It is just s reminder to clean the filter...The humming is the drive motor...Open the door ..Hold the door switch in..At the same time hit the start button and carefully reach in and rotate the drum..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did this and after a few tries it did start, but it will not start unless I manually rotate the drum. It there a way to really fix this problem? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did not mean to hit accept since the problem is not completely resolved. Can you please respond to my additional question? Thanks.
Ok great..This means the drive motor is faulty..What i suggested for you to do was a test to see if the problem was the motor..Only fix would be to replace the motor itself..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is it OK for me to continue to manually start it until I can get a technician out to fix it or will it make the problem worse? Thanks.
Yes it will not hurt it at all..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you!
You are welcome..Thanks Bob