Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

unlock washer door

Customer Question

unlock washer door
Submitted: 5 years ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

We have already spoke about this machine, or at least I had one exactly the same this morning, you need to remove the cover number 281 on the diagram and reach up to the door lock assembly and pull the emergency release ring at the bottom of the door lock, it's the ring on the left side of this picture, it faces down when it's in the machine however so you want to pull down on it to release the door, this will get the door open for you, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i was not able to get to it
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
We you able to get the bottom panel off? That's the only way to open these is to reach up and pull the ring. That's why they have that ring, there is no buttons you can push usually to unlock these although you can try unplugging the machine for 5 min. and plug it back in, but usually this doesn't work but it wouldn't hurt to try, at any rate that's how you unlock these doors is with that lock ring that's was designed to do so you need to get that panel off and reach up in order to do this unfortunately, let me know if you able to get the panel off, thanks, Bryan