Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hello, I recently bought and installed a 24 inch gas built-in

Hello, I recently bought and installed...
I recently bought and installed a 24 inch gas built-in oven made by Maytag. I discovered it takes 30 minutes to broil a 1/2 inch - 3/4 inch piece of fish. It takes longer to broil zuchinni with cheese. The flame from the single broiler-oven burner is quite small. It flame only covers about half the heat-shield above the burner. The flame extends out about 2 -2 1/2 inches from each side of the burner. I was comparing my neighbors Jenaire brand built in oven. It has the same firebox as mine (broiler and oven with shared single burner.) Its flame covers the entire heat shield.

Is what I am experiencing normal. I called Maytag-Sears authorized service and they came to my house and said the oven was just a bad design and that it was functioning normally.

What are your thoughts?
Jim
1/1/2012
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Hello I'm Larry and will be helping you so please stay on line with me until we finish, i will try not to take up to much time ,, thanks

did you buy this unit new less than a year ago?
I bought the unit new in August from Sears. It was delivered in September and I installed it about 3-4 weeks ago.
you need to call Maytag or Sears and let them come out and replace the pressure regulator, thats the part on the back that the gas line connects to ,, this will not cost you anything and its covered under warranty, the oven comes with a full one year all parts and labor warranty, if you work on it yourself then it will void out your warranty so let them fix it for you at no charge ,, thanks and have a great new years
Thank you.
I have had two different Sears/ Maytag repairmen come out to my house in the last 3 days and they both said the oven was normal. How do I get them to do something and change the pressure regulator?
Jim
tell them you talked with a sears tech and i told you thats what have to be done and if they give you any lip then call the service manager
Appliance Tech Larry
Thank you. Have a Happy New Year!
will try but it will have to be better than this year ,, glad i could help and you have a great new year
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry