Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

How to repair the ice maker in a Kitchen Aid refridgerator

?...
How to repair the ice maker in a Kitchen Aid refridgerator ?
1/1/2012
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

***** May I get your units Model number to better assist you?
If you open the door in freshfood section it will be on theright inner wall of the unit.
Did you get my email yesterday ?
I will try again on this format,
Model # XXXXX
Serial # XXXXX

Thank you , Verne(NNN) NNN-NNNN

this will show you how to unmount the icemaker.

graphic

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX like the problem is in the water supply as no water is coming into the ice maker. I tried a hair dryer to possibly thaw it out, there is water to the water disp.
Any Ideas??
Verne
Whrlp Master Tech
There doesn,t appear to be any ice in the fill tube - where is the valve located ? Do I have to pull out the fridge to access it ?
Thanks, Verne
Yes the valve is located in the rear of the unit ,it does need to be pulled out to access the valve.
I can not seem to get to the valve - I have the fridge out and there is no way to get the back off to get to the valve, AM I missing something ?
Thanks,Verne(NNN) NNN-NNNN
I have found the valve - all seems to be ok with it - can you get me a schematic for the wiring ? Also how do I tell which solinoid is for the ice maker and which is the water dispenser ? the water lines don't seem to make sense !
Verne
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech