Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool range/stove. super capcity 465. The oven

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool range/stove...
I have a whirlpool range/stove. super capcity 465. The oven will turn on and heat up but will not fire to maintane temp. The electric ingniter fires but the burner will fire. If I leave the door open a crack the oven will fire every time.
steve
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/9/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Good morning Steve. Can you get us the full model number? They have issues with the gas valves on these but I need to take a look at your model to see if it's one of the ones that have a lot of issues with. Thanks, Bryan

morning,

model sf377pegq

hope that is correct?

steve

Okay Steve , they are showing a spark igniter in the oven they are showing the glow bar igniter, is that what you have in yours? Or does your oven actually have a spark igniter in it ? It showing a different type of ignition system I just want to make sure you got this correct.

hey,

I have the spark igniter and it work. I can hear it clicking but if the oven door is not opened it will not ingnite the gas.

steve

That's really strange because they are showing the oven igniter being a glow type. I checked it on several of my parts supplies lists, let me go over it again and make sure, have you actually seen the spark have you taken the bottom of the oven just below the racks to see what it has? Okay I think I know now, the model number you gave me is missing the last number there is a list of them and I picked the top one which ends in zero but yours must be one of the other models I did find the igniter you're talking about, go to this link and take a look at the model numbers and see if you can pick yours out of it there is something missing on your model number it's not complete there is a list there you will see it see if you can find yours and them we can continue, thanks, Bryan

http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts?s=t-+sf377pegq-%3d%3de

bryan,

i am not at home right now. I will get back to you with the answer.

steve

Okay Steve no problem talk later then. Thanks, Bryan

morning Bryan,

my electrode item #(NNN) NNN-NNNN not the one u showed

the model # XXXXX is sf377pegq

Good morning Steve, I am going to give you the link to the parts supplier, there is a list of model numbers take a look at them and see which one you have because there is one number at the end missing on your model number and we need to have that in order to see the correct parts, click here

see if you can find your model number on that list, thanks, Bryan

going with sf377pegq5. they seen to match both ingniters(top and bottom)
Okay great, if this does not re lite when it is clicking and after it is already warmed up and you need to replace the safety valve like I think I mentioned above, of course we weren't sure at the time of the exact model number, here's the valve, you can order it at the following link, click here , this will take care of the issue, thanks and have a happy and safe holiday season, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician